Friday, June 19, 2015

Helen Hunt Falls 18 June

When we got together Susan, and I, realized we have a limited amount of time to experience some things together. I'm 50 now, and Susan has a few years on me. The time is coming we will have to rely on our memories.  Life is meant to be experienced, to be lived at its fullest. The two of us know this, and we're doing it.
Susan and I had decided to have a picnic in North Cheyenne Canyon Park which is where Helen Hunt Falls is. We also did a bit of hike up above the falls. It was really cool. During our hike I brought my SLR with and decided to capture some images of which some I'm posting here. For those who don't know North Cheyenne Canyon Park is a city park.

Here is Helen Hunt Falls.


Where Susan is standing is a foot bridge that extends over the top of the falls.


Of course I had to photograph her again. She is the love of my life after all.


This was shot on the trail that goes past the upper falls. I've loved this particular frame so much I've shot it a few times and one from a previous shoot is on the cover of Journey Into Renewal.


We decided to go further up the trail and a little something caught my eye on the way.


This is what caught my eye. Apparently the rapids was hitting a boulder which created a jet. 


This is part of the upper trail.


More of the creek. Water fascinates me, and it always has. Especially rapids.



This is Colorado Springs from the highest point on the trail.


Up at the top there is this rock wall. In one place there's a square hole. A bird made a nest in it and of course I had to photograph it.


Here is a shot of another part of the creek that I did at two different shutter speeds. The second one is really cool with the way the water flows.



Here I did the same thing on another stretch of creek. 



Coming back down later we had our picnic. It was pretty good, the water was nearby, and the last two shots were the result. Then we drove to another spot where we started shooting the rocks of the canyon. During this bit of shooting we photographed each other from across the road.


Of course here's her smiling face one more time.


Whatever you do get out and try to enjoy this life. We are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.