Tuesday, August 30, 2016

CF&I Steel

CF&I Steel was a major manufacturer of steel back in the day. Since then there's been major labor strikes, and the company was sold off to Oregon Steel. Part of what was CF&I was never used to Oregon Steel so it's now derelicts of a bygone era. The other day, when we were in Pueblo, I decided to document a bit.
I'd love to wander around on the property and go nuts with the camera. I don't believe they allow that however. There's a lot of stuff that you can get hurt on. I might ask next year, and would probably need to sign some kind of waiver. It seems to me it'd be a very interesting shoot.
Making the resulting images black and white seemed to fit for me. It added an element of starkness to the photos.









Have a great day and try to enjoy your life a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.